Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bagels and bedtime stories

Last Sunday was baking day.  I made 6 dozen muffins and Chris made 4 dozen bagels, we stocked the freezer, so of course everybody wanted cold cereal for breakfast this week.

 Chris made 7 different kinds of bagels our kitchen looked like a bakery, it was pretty impressive.
Usually cooking is something that we take turns at (I get most of the turns) and we thought it would be fun to be in the kitchen together.  It was fun but we remembered why we take it in turns as kids flocked in and out of the kitchen and in and out of  mischief.

Spoiler alert
Next week is mormon prom and Daniel has a date!

3 comments:

Sarah F said...

How long can muffins in the freezer last? Do you have to have something special to shape the bagel dough into something bagel looking? I'm still having a hard time making crusts circular.

Becky said...

Wow! I am totally impressed!! I have no idea how you even make bagels and everything looks so professional!

Chris or Katie said...

Muffins (and bagels) can last in the freezer for several weeks if not months. As for making them circular, the easiest way is to roll out the dough into a loaf shape, then cut it into circular sections and poke your thumb through the middle of each circle to make the hole.