Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Response to race reports

I have many friends and family members who run.  Many of them apologize for posting race reports, I love to read them.  I find them moderately inspiring as in I might almost want to think about doing that.  Every now and then I run a mile just to see how it feels to just run.  Most of the time I get my exercise in by playing basketball and I love it!  I have a great group of women who meet at the church 3 times a week to play ball.  We don't have actual games so I have no great scores to post or any thing, no personal best to measure.  I have a friend in the group who is 65 and still playing basketball - that is on my goal list.  If I am 65 and can still jump for rebounds fight for the ball and run the court I will be proud of myself.
I never get past the thought that I might actually want to try running, but I never shake it either.  So, if anyone wants to come run a race here I will train and run a 10k or half marathon.  Daniel said he would too ... maybe. We don't have a lot of room to put people up, but my parents have plenty of room and are usually welcome to company if they have advance notice.

3 comments:

Sarah F said...

I think I should fly you out here to run. Then you get the added benefit of a vacation too! Seriously. Consider it.

Becky said...

I would LOVE to run with you! I am doing a half marathon here on the 4th of July if you want to come this way, or if I can talk Tad into it we would definitely come to CA sometime. What's your timeframe on this? You know, you can always join us in UT in September. ;).

Chris or Katie said...

September might be a good time for it. Where in Utah? If it is southern Utah we are in for sure! Chris and Daniel might run too!!

What is your training routine like?