
Yesterday Anna decided to forego her usual Sunday afternoon nap. Which anyone in the family could tell you is not a great idea for anyone involved. In the evening we went over to our friend’s house for dinner and apparently we stayed about 15 minutes too long. The night ended with us carrying Anna out of their house having a complete meltdown. As close as I can tell it had something to do with the fact that Tad picked up her shoes to help her get them on, and she wanted to do it herself. But who really knows. I’ve quickly learned as a parent at some point in most meltdowns whatever it was that precipitated it becomes completely irrelevant.
Thirty minutes of hysterics later Anna is in her room, in her pajamas and has finally calmed down enough to read books, say prayers and go to sleep.
Most nights this is Anna’s prayer, “Thank you for this day. Thank you for the zoo animals.”
Last night this was her prayer, “Thank you for this day. Thank you that I’m not screaming anymore.”
Amen, Sister. AMEN!
Thirty minutes of hysterics later Anna is in her room, in her pajamas and has finally calmed down enough to read books, say prayers and go to sleep.
Most nights this is Anna’s prayer, “Thank you for this day. Thank you for the zoo animals.”
Last night this was her prayer, “Thank you for this day. Thank you that I’m not screaming anymore.”
Amen, Sister. AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment