The next time someone asks me what it's like to be a parent, I'm going to tell them the following true story:
It's the feelings you have when it's 10 PM on Saturday, you're dead tired, and your wife is dealing with a screaming 2-year-old with a fever, and you're holding a screaming 8-month-old, and your 14-year-old son, who failed to take his turn to do the dishes and has been procrastinating his Sacrament Meeting talk, comes into the room, pops open his eighth can of Dr. Pepper for the day, and immediately calms the baby down by singing "I am a Child of God" as only a pubescent boy can, complete with hiccups from the soda, and finishes by leaving the room with a loud belch.
Doggie SVU
12 years ago
3 comments:
Maybe I'll use that story too. :) I figure with six kids you really should have full privileges to all complaints.
That's awesome. I just keep hoping that being a grandparent will involve less screaming (both from me and the kids).
It wasn't so much a complaint, as an observation that sometimes you have to take the good with the infuriating. It made me think of the line at the end of The Dark Knight about Gotham getting the hero it deserves.
Post a Comment