Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pinewood Derby Fun



Yes, it was that time of year again, when the Wilde lack of impressive skills (woodworking skills, painting skills, lubricating skills, you know, SKILLS!) are put on display for not just one ward, but two: the Pinewood Derby. Knowing that this was our last one made it a little more poignant, but not enough for us to start actually working on the car more than two days beforehand.

James' car (seen above) was taken from the show "Phineas and Ferb" (a show that our whole family has really gotten into). It's Agent P's (aka Perry the Platypus') hovercar. He was awarded the "Best Battleship" award, which I thought was pretty cool until reading this post on Sarah and Garrett's blog.

In keeping with the same theme, Katie's car won the "Best Cub Scout Leader Car". We're still proud of her, despite the fact that hers was the only Cub Scout leader car. Just remember, it's an inaction figure of a platypus--they don't do much.



He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action...

3 comments:

Sarah F said...

I'm trying to think of the name of that playtpus on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, but my "new mom brain" won't allow for it.

Chris or Katie said...

I had to look it up, too, but should have remembered. There's a whole platypus family, headed by Doc Bill Platypus. As in, "it's a bill-bill fine day."

Becky said...

Does this mean you guys are going to be "bloggers" regularly? I'm so excited!! Great job on the cars.