Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Eagle (Project) Has Landed



Daniel's Eagle project of assembling kits for ODB has been officially approved now, and he's already started working on it. We're all very excited about it. So far, Grandma Lee has come over to show them the basics of quilting (and she was very impressed by the small size of their stitching), and we've got the word out asking for donations on the ward blog and the brand spanking* new Daniel Wilde's Eagle Project" Facebook page.

Pictures and more detailed reports to follow!

*This was almost another Target-mocking post about creepy writings on girls' underwear (Little Recycler, I love bugs, Nature girl, I love my BFF: Whether true or not, do you really want any of those things brought to mind by your panties?), but I figured I've pretty much beaten that dead horse into the ground by now.

2 comments:

Sarah F said...

Yay for Daniel!

As for the other post it brings to mind a conversation that Garrett and I had about when it's starts to get creepy with little girls' shirts saying "Daddy's Little Sweetheart" and the like.

Becky said...

That is awesome! Go Daniel! And why in the world does anything need to be written on underpants? If you're young enough for it to be cute, you can't read. And if you can read, then you're too old for it to be cute. I will never forget my embarrassment at someone pulling up my skirt in high school only to have it read "Ho Ho Ho". Now who thought that would be a good idea? I think I am still jaded from the experience.