1. Reflection perfection - Glass cleaner
2. Hair do delight - Shampoo
3. Stuff & seal - Resealable sandwich bags
4. Bubble baby - Baby shampoo/body wash
5. Lunchtime love - Fold-top sandwich bags
6. Tike protector - Sunscreen
7. Delete & repeat - Nail polish remover
8. Wrap-tastic - Aluminum foil
9. Sink-side security - Antibacterial hand soap
10. Handy dandies - cotton swabs
11. Knicker blocker - Mens' shaving gel
So, how in the world did they come up with "knicker blocker" for shaving gel? Here are some of my ideas:
- The purpose of the gel is to prevent cutting yourself while shaving, so it blocks nicks, and therefore a nicker blocker.
- Cowboys, ranchers, and generally anyone who works with horses generally are thought to have rugged faces, with beards (or at least a few days' worth of stubble). The horses tend to react to this by nickering, thus anything helping you to get a good clean shave would be a nicker blocker. (Alternatively, it may be that Frau Blucher from Young Frankenstein prefers men with facial hair.)
- It's a subliminal reminder of former New York Knicks center (and famous shot-blocker) Patrick Ewing. Look at the picture below, and tell me you don't want to pick up some shaving gel:

- If you've got your knickers in a twist, it's because you're jealous. This product is also gel-ous, and, intestinally speaking, a twist is similar to a block. Hence, a knicker blocker.
Does anyone else have an idea?
3 comments:
I'm going to go with answer #3. Why do so many NBA players have gross facial hair. I always call Kevin Garnett, Weird Beard.
My original guess was that knicker blockers were going to be diapers. You know, something to protect your knickers. I am going to go with your first guess. I am with Sarah on this one, why so much weird facial hair.
I'd be interested to know if Matt even knows what shaving gel is used for. :)
I'm sure if we asked him, he'd say it was so you can tell which part of your face you've already shaved.
The NBA weird facial hair doesn't bother me so much. Baseball--that's where you find the truly weird hair.
Post a Comment