Sunday, January 8, 2012

On the up&up

If you spend anywhere near as much time shopping at Target as we do, then you're familiar with the "up&up" line of products. (Though, for some strange reason, my brain constantly flips the arrow and letters upside down, so the first thing that registers with me is "dn&dn". I suppose that clearly marks me as suffering from acute Darisitis.)

Anyway, the up&up products all come with subtitles*. For example, their plastic wrap is additionally labeled as "cling king". Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't. So, here's the quiz: Can you identify the product from the subtitle? All these phrases are from things currently in our house.

1. Reflection perfection
2. Hair do delight
3. Stuff & seal
4. Bubble baby
5. Lunchtime love
6. Tike protector
7. Delete & repeat
8. Wrap-tastic
9. Sink-side security
10. Handy dandies
11. Knicker blocker

Answers next week.

*For better or for worse, they don't do this with medicines. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed (in a train wreck kind of way) to check our bottle of fiber therapy/dietary supplement and find no catchy slogan.

6 comments:

Sarah F said...

1. Windex
2. Shampoo
3. envelopes
4. kids soap
5. sandwich bags
6. diaper rash cream
7. White-out
8. Plastic wrap
9. no idea
10. notebooks
11. belts?

We are not sophisticated for Target, nay not even for Wal-Mart. We stick with Kroger brands, of which there are three for some reason: Private Selection, Kroger, and Great Value. Just check the curliness of the font to see which one you are getting.

And ha ha I finally beat Becky to commenting.

Becky said...

This post makes me want to go to Target just so I can play this game. Our Target only recently got "Super"-fied. Guess its time to check it out again.

Becky said...

P.s. I can't believe Sarah beat me. I must be off my game.

Becky said...

This post makes me want to go to Target just so I can play this game. Our Target only recently got "Super"-fied. Guess its time to check it out again.

Chris or Katie said...

Sarah Target is half the distance of Ralphs (which is what Kroger is called here) and cheaper. They still put Kroger on lots of the lables, but sadly not on the yogurt. We just can't call it Krogurt if it doesn't say Kroger on it.

Lisa said...

Well, I'm leaving my comment a little late, but as a Target regular, I've often noticed these weird little subtitles and wondered "why??"