Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Church dance I actually enjoyed

Yesterday our ward had a Valentine's Day progressive dinner that ended with all the groups meeting at the church for dessert. In addition to the dessert, they had "a surprise" for us--part of the cultural hall was going to be available as a dance floor. I have to admit, my immediate reaction was a flashback to the roller-skating incident (see below), as well as all the multi-stake and Provo High dances that I never really enjoyed as much as I had thought I would.

But about half an hour into it, I realized how much I was actually enjoying watching everyone else have a good time. We were sitting next to a couple that Katie visit teaches, and we'd just been talking about how much they enjoy salsa dancing. The bishop loaded up iTunes, and found a salsa song for them they liked, and the rest of the ward watched them dance beautifully. There were groups still at the tables, some on the dance floor standing around talking, and some dancing, but everyone seemed to be having a great time. If my ward can make me enjoy the atmosphere of a dance, then I guess we really do belong here.

And when "Billie Jean" came on, it made me really miss Matt, but in a good way. Another item in a long list of things that my brother does that I wish I had the talent and courage to do.

3 comments:

Becky said...

So I scrolled down to see if I could find info on the "roller skating incident", I didn't but did you know you have now blogged more in 2012 than you did in all of 2011? Great job! I haven't blogged at all so you are kicking me to the curb.

Chris or Katie said...

It's the April 26 post for the "roller skating incident". And your lack of blogging hasn't stopped us from checking your blog every few days anyway. :)

Becky said...

Well, I guess I'd better get off my duff and make some time to blog then.